Jobs in Canada – How to Search Jobs in Canada
You are going to get detailed information on How to find Jobs in Canada and How to Find Jobs in Canada.
Why to Work in Canada ?
Canada is situated in the part of North America. The official languages of Canada is French and English, however you will not find any language problem in Canada if you know English well. Ottawa is the capital of the Canada. It is worlds Second largest country in terms of area. The majority of the country are having cold or severely cold climate however Southerly area are little warm than others.
Canada is one of the best country to work and live in the World due to various below reasons.
- Canada is one of the developed country and has the 10th highest nominal per capital income globally as well as the ninth highest ranking in the Human Development Index.
- It ranks among the highest in international measurements of government transparency
- Canada is open to new migrants with good skills and professional qualifications,
- Canada is the world’s eleventh-largest economy.
- Canada is the most educated country in the world.
- Freedom of religion in Canada is a constitutionally protected right, allowing individuals to assemble and worship without limitation or interference.
- The Salary Package is very good compared to Asian Countries.
- Canada is also safe for foreigners.
How to Search Jobs in Canada
There are many Asians prefer to work in Canada than other country due to the above reason and permanently settled down there. But searching for employment in Canada is not so easy and will be a challenge for the foreign educational qualification. It is noted that many people who take their bachelors or masters in Canada are getting jobs very easily. So it is also advisable to get your Bachelors / Masters you complete in Canada so that you can get job at reputed company.
If you are foreign degree holder and need to work in Canada without any post graduation, it is little tough to find unless some companies will call, It is also important to be realistic and understand that you may not be able to find your ‘dream job straight away and should wait for right opportunity to come.
As stated, Its not so easy to find Jobs in Canada a straight away, however you can spot right opportunities at various Canada Jobs portals. There are some good tips listed below will surely help you to get Jobs in Canada.
Aware about the various Canadian job portals and spot yourself with the job opportunities in your field.
When you find your field job, check the eligibility and apply. Before applying, be prepared for your permanent residence visas as many employer will ask about your immigration status and also about your resident visas or at least be aware about the application process for the visas
Also you should start applying for other oversees vacancies at least before 12 weeks from possible start date or a visit to Canada. This is important as it gives feel that you are looking opportunities in overseas from last one year.
It is also a better option that you send a letter of application along with CV to all potential employer and recruitment agencies of Canada where you intend to work to let them know that you are available for work. You can use www.yellowpages.ca to locate details of the employer in Canada. For the same, note the following points.
- Your CV should be prepared in the Canadian Format , Short writing with clear covering letter of your Visa status will be a better choice.
- It is also advisable to provide the local Canadian Address, email address and Contact no. in your CV if possible.
You should also mention your availability for the Interview or any tely talk on skype, webcam or face to face.
- And if you call for the Interview, make a positive impression, be little flexible and keep all copies of your visas and Canadian references for the employers.
Some Job searching sites are given below for the Jobs in Canada. I hope it will be useful.
- Canadian Immigrant: The best list on the web of all the major Canadian job search sites. Start your search with this massive list.
- Career Jet: I am sure you are aware about that.
- Indeed: The sister to the big U.S. job search site Indeed.com.
- Monster.com: Monster.com has been around since pretty much the dawn of the internet era.
- Simply Hired: Yet another job search engine like the rest of them.
- Anglo Info: Not a job search site but has useful job search links.
- Working in Canada: A clean interface and a boat load of job listings.
Workopolis: A popular job search site.
- Job Bank: I like the enhanced job alert service.
- Naukri.com – Indian Job Search Site.
Other Websites and Blogs
- How to Search Jobs in Canada
- Michael Page: An international executive recruitment website that I’ve used in the past. This site is targeted towards high-end job seekers.
- eFinancial Careers: My favorite search engine for finance jobs on the web. I used them during my Wall Street days.
- Overseas Jobs: I find that there is often significant overlap between the postings on this site and that of other sites. Nevertheless this site has been around for a while.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
I hope the above information are useful to you and help you to find your dream Jobs in Canada. Share your experience in the below comment box, It will helpful for others.